Shortened text of the section. Full text in ukrainian version.
Consider now all princely names indicated in the historical part of VS (with the exception of those that are borrowed from the PS). There are only 182 of them.
Names of the princes, sorted alphabetically
There are 44 different names, 129 people.
Names of princesses, sorted alphabetically
A total of 18 different names, 53 named persons.
Names of princes, sorted by the number of occurrences
A heavy horizontal line in the table indicates median: the six most popular names (13.6%) collected 47% of entries, and the remaining 53% accounted for 38 fewer used names.
A comparison with the Pechersky synodikon shows that all 5 of the most common princely names from the PS are the most common in VS (Alexander was also the eighth in the PS). Thus, we can assume that the princes’ names have not undergone significant changes in comparison with the PS.
Names of princesses, sorted by the number of occurrences
A heavy horizontal line in the table indicates median: the six most commonly used names (33%) collected 55% of entries, and the remaining 45% accounted for 12 fewer used names.
In contrast to the prince’s namespace, the princessess’ names have undergone significant changes in the relative frequency compared to the PS. So, from the number of the most common names Vasilissa and Theodore fell out – they are replaced by the names Evdokia and Elena. At the same time, Vasilisa is not represented at all in VS, and Theodora is represented 1 time.